Sunday, April 8, 2012

Discussing Global Climate Change

Welcome! I set this blog up to discuss the issue of global climate change. I am in the process of writing a book on the subject and there is so much information that I felt a need to start this blog.

Let's be clear right up front - I am a big advocate of man-made global climate change (the scientific phrase is anthropogenic climate change) and have been for at least 30 years. I am a professor of physics and have studied, and continue to study, the subject in depth.

But, this blog is for discussion so I will show both sides. I intend to make posts concerning news about skeptics as much as I intend to make posts on the science. Now, why would I do that? If I am an advocate of climate change why would I want to bring attention to what the skeptics say?

The reason is simple: The only way you can be a global warming skeptic is to reject science. Pure and simple. And, I will show this.

The book I'm reading is called "Dialogues on Global Warming". I am well along in the writing and the first draft should be done in a few months. This is my second book. I previously published "Dialogues on 2012: Why the World Will Not End." In that book I used the format of Galileo's Dialogues on Two World Systems. In his book he had a discussion between three friends, one was a denier, one was an advocate, and the third went back and forth. I only copy the best.

I was pretty pleased with the way the 2012 book came out and have received a lot of nice comments about it. So, I'm doing it again. This time, the premise is that there is so much science available on global warming that anyone can prove it with just a little homework.

Hopefully, I'll have it done by the end of summer and ready for release. In the meantime, come back here and we can discuss the topic. I just ask that you keep any comments family friendly.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment